This year’s festival programme is bigger and more varied than in 2018, thanks to the support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, and the dedication of Bill Hill and our two festival assistants Holly Graham and Rebecca Spencer from York St John University. The last six months (longer in the case of York Explore) have seen many people contribute ideas, and highlights include:
- a new display case at FPT to show off finds from the YAT dig last winter
- a BBQ at Red Tower with the Lord Mayor coming at 3:30pm. Free food for all.
- the development of a mobile phone app. This can be downloaded now ahead of the festival: see http://yorkwallsfestival.org/mobile-phone-app for guidance
- involvement with Found Fiction (story-writing activities), Fox Lane Books (bookstalls), the River Foss Society (boards on Foss Islands Road about the history and nature of the area) and Good Organisation (supporting homeless people in York)
- a charity challenge. York Mind fundraiser Brian Mullins is walking the on or near the walls for 24 hours, starting at 11am on the Saturday.
- a new York Walls Activity Booklet, with 8 pages of fun-filled activities. The Explorer Trails for stamping are back too.
- The Activity Booklet can be downloaded HERE
- and the Explorer Trail HERE
- new videos thanks to Sharpstick Productions, which will be shown at Red Tower.